4G Connect is a new 2G/3G/4G (LTE) internet access solution to get internet on a boat. It utilises the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas for fast, long range access and incorporates a full function wifi router so multiple devices can connect wirelessly. There is also a wired LAN port and WAN port – for connection to high power wifi devices or satellite modems.
The Pro model ships with two external hi gain antennas for exceptional long range performance and is the recommended solution for use afloat.
4G Connect has an easy to use interface and is unlocked so users are free to fit a data SIM card from any mobile provider they choose. However, during our testing, we have found that the lower frequencies used by the Vodafone network coupled with a competitive European data roaming allowance, offer the best maritime solution for European cruising yachtsman.
Operation is simple – turn on, connect to the password protected wifi hotspot that 4G Connect creates and your device is online. Digital Yacht’s WL510 high power wifi solution can also be connected to the WAN port for a choice between hotspot wifi and 4G connectivity. iKommunicate can also connect to the LAN port providing boat NMEA data on the wifi network for use with navigation apps.
You can download a full presentation of the 4G Connect by clicking here.
The 4G Connect Pro is provided with 7m cable kit so if you need 10m or 20m cable, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hi performance 4G/LTE modem for exceptional speed and range with fall back to 2G/3G
- SIM unlocked for any network provider
- Supplied with 2 x high performance external 48cm antennas for optimum speed and range
- 7m low loss LMR 200 cable kit included
- Supplied with deck base for antennas (as shown)
- LTE Class 3 modem offers long range and up to 70Mbps speeds
- Recommended solution for offshore use and non GRP vessels
- Wifi interface for tablets and phones
- Ethernet LAN port for connection to iKommunicate navigation interface – allows boat NMEA 0183/2000 data to be available on the wifi network – ideal for smartphone and tablet navigation
- Ethernet WAN port can connect to satellite or WL510 high power wifi system for combination LTE/WiFi hotspot solution
- 12V DC operation with <5W power consumption
- Optional 1” base adaptor available for antennas
- Optional 10 & 20m LMR400 assemblies
- PowerOperating Temp
- Physical•9-30v DC (<5W)•-40 to +75 C
- Main unit: 180 x125 x 55mm (ex antennas)
- Weight 670g
- Protection IPX4
- 4G/LTETechnology 2G/3G Fallback
- 4G(LTE) CAT 4 up to 70Mbps•Class 3 Modem with up to 25dBm output
- Support for B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20 LTE FDD bands
- Support for B38/B40/B41 TDD bands
- Dual MIMO antennas
- 850/900/2100 MHz Max 42Mbps (HSPA+ download)
- UMTS 384kbps
•900/1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE (Class 12 device)
Interfaces•1 x LAN 10/100 Ethernet Port•1 x WAN 10/100 Ethernet Port
•WiFi 802.11b/g/n with 64/128 bit WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption